I’m ever-so-slightly embarrassed to say that I love a good travel quote. They’re the perfect pick me up for when you’re trying to recover from some post-trip blues and are the perfect bit of inspiration for when you’re planning a new trip.
There are travel quotes about all sorts of things – from adventure to self-discovery to inspiring you to live your life to the absolute fullest and so many other wonderful things….now without further ado, here is a little list of some of my favourite travel quotes. I hope they inspire you as much as they inspire me.
- “Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller” – Ibn Battuta
2. “Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before” – Anonymous
3. “There was nowhere to go but everywhere, so just keep on rolling under the stars” – Jack Kerouac
4. “Wherever you go becomes a part of you somehow” – Anita Desai
5. “Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world” – Gustav Flaubert
6. “To Travel is to Live” – Hans Christian Andersen
7. “The earth has music for those who listen” – Shakespeare
8. “Don’t tell me how educated you are, tell me how much you have travelled” – Mohamed
9. “For those who are lost, there will always be cities that feel like home” – Simon Van Booy
10. “The impulse to travel is one of the hopeful symptoms of life” – Agnes Repplier
11. “Oh darling, let’s be adventurers.” – Anonymous